Full Form of PLC
Programmable Logic Controller
PLC Full Form is Programmable Logic Controller. PLC is a computer that is used for the computerization of processes in industries, e.g. Control of machinery, production, etc. Almost any machine function can be dealt with using this form of control system. The system is based on electromagnetic models and is typically 120 volts AC.
PLCs are very durable and can withstand rough working conditions including, heat, cold, dust, and moisture. Also, the language used for its programming is lucid, so it can be programmed easily. However, PLCs have their share of disadvantages too. They can be used easily for simple data but are unable to manage the same way with complicated data. Also, the display of data requires an external monitor.
Languages used in PLC Programming:
- Ladder Logic: It is one of the most commonly used languages for PLCs. The rules set in the ladder logic language are referred to as “rungs.”
- Function Block Diagram: This language explains the various steps that exist between the input and output. FBD is useful to display algorithms and logic.
- Structured Text: This is a high-level programming language. It uses sentence commands to ensure that the programming is done in the right manner, even for complex processes.
- Instruction List: This is a low-level language, where the functions are construed of functions and variables. The program is controlled by instructions.
- Sequential Function Chart: This language of programming involves the use of complex control. In this, there are various processes that occur simultaneously as sub-routines.