Full Form of IRDA
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
RDA Full Form refers to Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. It is an independent statutory body that governs and regulates the entire insurance industry in India. The headquarters of IRDA is in Telangana, Hyderabad.
It was constituted by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999 based on the Malhotra Committee report and passed by Parliament of India. It protects the interest of policymakers and assures orderly growth of insurance and policies in India.
Some of the key duties and functions of IRDA are:
- To register and regulate insurance companies.
- To provide license and establish norms for intermediaries.
- To promote professional insurance companies.
- To assure solvency margin maintenance.
- To ensure coverage of insurance in the vulnerable sectors and rural areas of India.